Mon, 09 Aug|
A Flourishing Feast - August
Let's explore the world of flourishing together where I take you through my golden rules and approach to create elegant and beautiful flourishes by putting a method to this madness!
Time & Location
09-Aug-2021, 6:30 pm IST – 12-Aug-2021, 9:00 pm IST
About The Event
Do you want to take your calligraphy to the next level? Have you always been dreaming about adding those beautiful swirls and strokes around your letters that you see on Instagram all the time?
But...you don’t know where to start from?
Then you’ve come to the right place! In our Flourishing feast workshop, we break down the flourishing process through our stroke by stroke approach and help you create beautiful and elegant flourishes that instantly elevate the aesthetics of your script.
Basically, giving you a method to the madness!
Here’s what you’ll learn!
- - Introduction: What is flourishing and why do we flourish
- - Golden Rules of flourishing Just like every form of calligraphy, we must follow specific rules that help us achieve balance, rhythm and an overall aesthetic appeal
- - Opportunities to flourish: Specific strokes and areas that your eye must catch to create a flourish. In this section we study these areas in detail.
- - Composition and layout: Here we look at the power of flourishes and the value it adds to your final piece. We will use Quotes and Poems as an exercise to put all that we’ve learnt into practice.
Dates and Timing:
Monday 9th August
Thursday 12th August
6:30 - 9:00 pm India | 2:00 - 4:30 pm London | 9:00 - 11:30 am New York
Bonus: We’ll have a live Q&A where all your questions will be answered.
Recommended supplies (A kit will not be provided)
1. Oblique Holder of your choice
2. Flexible Pointed Nib (Recommended: Hunt 101, Principle EF)
3. Ink (Recommended: Sumi Ink / Fox & Quill / Walnut Ink / Feel free to use any of your favorite inks)
4. Calligraphy friendly paper (Recommended: Bombay Lettering Copperplate Calligraphy Practice pad / Canson Layout Paper / JK Bond 100 GSM + )
5. Prints of the handout we’ll send you prior to the workshop.
A google drive link will be provided to you for submitting your homework and general feedback to the group will be provided for the same.
Handout: Each student will be provided with a detailed handout of traceable worksheets that includes my bank of flourishes which will be given as PDF along with a list of recommended supplies.
What’s new? You have an option to opt-in with or without ‘personal feedback’. You can get your work reviewed in a 30 mins session where you’re given concrete and tangible feedback to better your script.
Refunds and cancellation: There will be no refund for the workshop once registration is done unless there is a change from the organizer's end.
- Ticket type
+₹480.00 GSTTax: +₹480.00 GST
- Ticket type
With PERSONAL FEEDBACKPrice₹5,500.00
+₹660.00 GSTTax: +₹660.00 GST