Wed, 15 Feb|
Kiran Nadar Museum of Art
A Flourishing Feast - Delhi Feb'23
Let's explore the world of flourishing together where I take you through my golden rules and approach to create elegant and beautiful flourishes by putting a method to this madness!
Time & Location
15 Feb, 11:30 am – 4:30 pm IST
Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, No. 145, DLF South Court Mall Saket, Saket District Centre, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
About The Event
Do you want to take your calligraphy to the next level? Have you always been dreaming about adding those beautiful swirls and strokes around your letters that you see on Instagram all the time?
But...you don’t know where to start from?
Then you’ve come to the right place! In our Flourishing feast workshop, we break down the flourishing process through our stroke-by-stroke approach and help you create beautiful and elegant flourishes that instantly elevate the aesthetics of your script.
Basically, giving you a method to the madness!
In this class, you will learn :
• What a flourish is and how to add flourishes to take your script to the next level
• The objective and types of flourishing
• My 10 Golden Rules for Flourishing
• How to identify opportunities to add flourishes
• How to create flourishes for lowercase and uppercase letterforms that can be applied to Copperplate, Modern, Spencerian, or even Brush Calligraphy
• How to compose flourishes for Calligraphy pieces - in a composition
• How to understand positive and negative space and create balance with flourishes
• Less is more - learning when to Flourish and when not to
Dates and Timing:
15th February, Wednesday | 11:30am - 04:30 pm IST
15th February, Wednesday | 11:30 am - 04:30 pm ISTp out for lunch. If you have any dietary restrictions, feel free to carry from your home as well. Refreshments will be arranged by us.
Recommended supplies (A kit will not be provided)
1. Oblique Holder of your choice
2. Flexible Pointed Nib (Recommended: Hunt 101, Principle EF)
3. Ink (Recommended: Sumi Ink / Fox & Quill / Walnut Ink / Feel free to use any of your favorite inks)
4. Calligraphy-friendly paper with guide sheets printed (Recommended: Bombay Lettering Copperplate Calligraphy Practice pad / Canson Layout Paper / JK Bond 100 GSM + )
Note: Each student will be provided with a detailed workbook
Refunds and cancellation: There will be no refund for the workshop once registration is done unless there is a change from the organizer's end.