An Introduction to Copperplate Calligraphy - September
Time & Location
About The Event
Learn the beautiful art of Copperplate Calligraphy from Sanjana Chatlani online.
Below are the details for the workshop :
Introduction to Copperplate Calligraphy
Sanjana will be teaching Copperplate Calligraphy online! We will begin with the very basics, with an introduction to the script followed by the basic strokes, lowercase letters, uppercase letters and understand how to form words and sentences. You will have one on one interaction with Sanjana, ask questions and clarify doubts. Homework will be given on all four days, general feedback for which will be discussed in class.
DATES & TIME -
Monday, 20th September
Thursday, 23rd September
Monday, 27th September
Thursday, 30th September
6:30 - 9:00pm IST | 1:00 - 3:30pm GMT | 9:00 - 11:30am EST
This workshop has an option to register with the starter kit or without.
If you opt for the with starter kit option, you wil receive the following materials:-
1. Copperplate Calligraphy Guide sheets by The Bombay Lettering Company
2. Instructions and reference card for further guidance and assistance
3. 2 Nikko-G Nibs
4. The Deuce Holder ( 2 in one, Straight and Oblique Holder)
5. Bombay Blue Ink
6. Dinky jar with dropper
7. Copperplate Calligraphy Workbook
These are the following MATERIALS & TOOLS that you will require if you opt for without starter kit option:-
1. Oblique Holder
2. Flexible Pointed Nib (Recommended : Nikko G / Hunt 101)
3. Ink ( Recommended : Sumi ink / Fox & Quill / Walnut Ink)
4. Calligraphy friendly paper ( Recommended : Bombay Lettering Copperplate Calligraphy Practice pad / Canson Layour Paper / JK Bond 100 GSM + )
5. Prints of the handouts once we send them
HANDOUTS & INFORMATION - we will send across a PDF of the workshop handouts a week before class that you can print, along with the google drive link & zoom login details (you will need to create a Zoom account if you don't have one)
Students will have access to the recordings of all four classes of 2:30 hours each for 30 days after each class
HOMEWORK & FEEDBACK - There will be homework provided and a Google drive link to upload your work after which the corrected work with feedback will be put back on the link.
If you’d like to purchase any tools & supplies from the list above, you can write to us at email@example.com
Refunds and cancellation: There will be no refund for the workshop once registration is done unless there is a change from the organizer's end.
- EARLY BIRD - Workshop OnlyINR 6,500+INR 780 GSTINR 6,500+INR 780 GST0INR 0