Mon, 26 Oct|
An Introduction to Devnagari by Achyut Palav
An in-depth study of the beautiful Indian script
Time & Location
26-Oct-2020, 6:30 pm – 05-Nov-2020, 9:10 pm
About The Event
An Introduction to Devnagari
An indepth study of the beautiful Indian script
Monday 26th October
Thursday 29th October
Monday 2nd November
Thursday 5th November
6:30 - 9:00pm IST
Workshop Only - INR 12,500 including taxes
Workshop + Kit - INR 14,500 including supplies & taxes
Student that opt for the Workshop + Kit option will receive a kit with the Devnagari modified Pilot Parallel Pen 2.4mm along with workbook handouts and 15 guidesheets prior to the class
Both option will have access to the recordings of all four classes of 2.5 hours each till Sunday, 15th November
You will also be given the meeting ID and password to join in the Zoom Call. ( you will need to create a Zoom account if you don't have one)
HOMEWORK & FEEDBACK - There will be homework provided after each class and a Google drive link to upload your work after which the corrected work with feedback will be put back on the link
TOOLS REQUIRED if you choose the Workshop only option :
- A PDF of the workbook & guidesheets will be sent to you that you will have to print
- A devnagri tool is required with a suggested pen width of 2-3mm (Pilot Parallel modified, Click pen, you can make your own tool at home with a video provided by us on request)
What you will you learn in this workshop?
• Introduction to Devnagari
• How to hold your pen / tool (Angle)
• Proportion of letters and unique features of Devnagari.
• Height - Ascender and Descender
• Consonants and Vowels (Swarmala, Varnamala)
• Conjoined Letters (Jodakshar)
• Construction of Word and Line
• Shirorekha and Spacing Between Line
Achyut Palav is an Indian calligrapher of international repute. With his unique approach he has made significant contribution in reviving the glory of Indian calligraphy. Through his various exhibitions and workshops in India and abroad, he has demonstrated calligraphy in Devnagari, Roman and other Indian languages. He believes that each letter is a design in itself and a letter has the potential of a becoming a piece of art. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art and has worked with eminent Indian and foreign calligraphers.
Refunds and cancellation : There will be no refund for the workshop once registration is done.